Global Food Security
Claudia Canales Holzeis, Robin Fears, Paul J. Moughan, Tim G. Benton, Sheryl L. Hendriks, Michael Clegg, Volker ter Meulen, Joachim von Braun
- Perspectives piece based on the Food and Nutrition Security and Agriculture (FNSA) project of the InterAcademy Partnership.
- Key challenges and opportunities for science, technology and innovation (STI) to improve global FNSA discussed.
- Analysis follows a food systems’ approach, framed by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- STI can advance the elements of the food system to support the achievement of multiple, potentially competing SDGs.
- The establishment of a comprehensive global research system on food, nutrition and agriculture is proposed.