The Secretariat is hosted by the German National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina. EASAC’s Brussels Office at the Royal Academies for Science and the Arts of Belgium is also part of the Secretariat.
The Secretariat's responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the working process of EASAC's groups, including the organisation of meetings of Council, Bureau, Programme Steering Panels and working groups
- Project management of EASAC working groups' outputs towards publication, launch & dissemination of EASAC Reports and Statements
- Liaising with EU policy-makers, EU institutions and other EU and national agencies of relevance to EASAC's work
- Maintaining close contact with EASAC member academies and liaising with other academy networks, e.g. IAP, NASAC, ALLEA
- Organising EASAC's communication activities, such as press releases, newsletter and website