Science-Policy Dialogue Project
In 2010-2012, and with funding from IAP - The Global Network of Science Academies, EASAC member academies ran a joint project on "Science-Policy Dialogue".
The objective of the project:
- to improve academies' dialogue with policy-makers - both on a national and an EU-level
- to make policy-makers and further public stakeholders aware of the National Science Academies' excellent resource of independent scientific knowledge and expertise
- to encourage them to use these resources for science-related policy decisions
- to strengthen the quality of National Science Academies' dialogue with policy-makers and public stakeholders/opinion leaders
- to invigorate and deepen the co-operation among EASAC member academies
As a result of that project, EASAC academies produced a Good Practice Guidance.
Working Group Meetings
First Workshop Meeting, Berlin 24-25 June 2010
Second Workshop Meeting, Brussels 14-15 October 2010
Third Workshop Meeting, Lisbon 20-21 October 2011
Fourth Workshop Meeting, Halle 2012
EASAC-NASAC Joint Workshop "Strengthening the Dialogue between Science and Policy"
Objectives of the Workshop:
To enable member academies of NASAC and EASAC to share experiences of their past interactions with policy-makers and the wider public.
To discuss good practice in some of the more specific activities which belong to a dialogue between science and policy-makers and the wider public.
To scope possible common interests and to develop mechanisms for any future collaborations between the two networks.